We all know accidents happen. Some accidents can be more costly than others, especially when it comes to plant machinery. Hireguard Insurance is there to act as a safety net, to give you peace of mind should the worst happen. In this section, we cover all the information you need to know about Hireguard Insurance. If you would like any more information, please call us on 01284 788122 or come and visit us.
What is Hireguard?
HireGuard Insurance is an insurance policy we can offer you, designed specifically for the hiring of plant tools and equipment. In short, it covers you against damages and theft of machinery whilst on hire to you. For more information, please read the following sections or speak to us directly by phone (01284 788122) or in person at our hire desks.
Summary of cover
Property hired out under HireGuard Insurance is covered for:
- Physical loss or damage at any situation in Western Europe (or other geographical areas as agreed with insurers) including whilst in transit between such situations.
- A limit of liability up to £100,000 any one occurance with no Single Article Limit.
- Full replacement value for all property upto 24 months old; property replaced to nearest higher specification when necessary; property more than 24 months covered on an indemnity basis.
- Policy excess.
- Continuing hire charges and any loss which happens as an indirect result of an event for which you are insured.
- Loss or damage to cutting edges (other than diamond cutting systems), tools, trailing cables, flexible pipes other than:
- When such loss or damage results during operation of the complete item of insured property.
- When such loss or damage results from the total loss of the complete item or items of insured property.
- When such attachment is a separate item specified on a contract note.
- When it is a standard part of the equipment package supplied and connot in normal circumstances be omitted from such equipment package.
- Loss or damage whilst in or on a vehicle unless:
- All doors are locked and windows/openings are closed and securely fastened whilst unattended.
- Property is securely mounted or fixed to the vehicle or kept in a suitable container whilst in transit.
- Loss or damage due to:
- Cleaning or failure to clean and conduct of routine maintenance of the property.
- Breakdown or breakdown prior to commissioning or wear and tear.
- Wilful act or neglect.
- Any difference between any claim payment and any sum payable under Hire Association Europe terms and conditions.
- Loss or damage to property on the first insured's premises when not under a contract with HireGuard to the second insured.
- Loss or damage due to fraud or dishonesty of employees.
- Equipment not collected 72 hours after being officially accepted as "off hire" (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays).
- Inventory losses and unexplained losses.
- Loss or damage to brittle items unless loss or damage of the consignment occurs during the operations of packaged pending loading or transit, during loading, transit or unloading or packaged pending unloading.
- Legal Liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property.
- Loss by fraud or theft if security checks have not been undertaken as specified.
- When more specific insurance has been arranged by a representative of the first insured.
- Loss or damage caused by multiple lifts which are not carried out in accordance with BS7121.
- Pollution or change in water table.
This is a summary of cover only and is not intended to replicate full policy Terms and Conditions and should not be relied upon. Master policy can be viewed at the offices of HAE Insurance Services. A copy is available on request.
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA is the independant watchdog that regulates financial services. It requires us to give you this information.
Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
Whose products do we offer?
We only offer a single insurance product: HireGuard from Zurich Insurance Plc to cover hire equipment.
Which services will we provide you with?
We will not offer any advice and you will need to make your own decision regarding the suitability of any policy of insurance purchased.
What will you have to pay for our service?
We normally recieve a commission from the insurer with whom we place your business and in addition we charge an arrangement fee of: £0 (zero).
Who regulates us?
We (Thurston Building Supplies Ltd, Great Barton, Bury St Edmunds, IP31 2PJ), the appointed representative are an Appointed Representative of Jelf Insurance Brokers via its trading name HAE Insurance services and EHA Insurance Services. This can be checked on the FCA's register at www.fca.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Our permitted business includes arranging and assisting with the placing and administration of plant and equipment hire policies.
What to do if you have a complaint?
Our aim is to provide a first class service, however if you wish to register a complaint please contact:
Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd
Hillside Court, Bowling Hill
Bristol, BS37 6JX
If you cannot settle your complaint with us you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Are we covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS www.fscs.org.uk or by calling 0800 678 1100.
Demands & Needs Statement (Non-advised)
The HireGuard policy is designed to meet the demands and needs of Plant Equipment hirers who wish to insure on an "All Risks" basis against their contractual liability, arising as a result of loss or damage for the replacement cost of the equipment hired up to 2 years old, thereafter replacement less depreciation subject to the principle exclusions detailed in the Summary of Cover above.
Treating Customers Fairly
We treat clients as we ourselves would wish to be treated in a fair and supportive way with customer service being the cornerstone of our proposition.
How much does it cost?
The cost of taking out a HireGuard policy is simple, 15% of the base hire cost. For example, if the cost of hiring a 1 Tonne Excavator and a tracked power barrow for a day came to £100 the HireGuard insurance policy would cost £15.
In the event of a claim being made, you will be subject to the following excess charges:
|£1 - £500||£25.00|
|£501 - £1,000||£50.00|
|£1,001 - £2,000||£75.00|
|£2,001 - £2,500||£100.00|
|£2,501 - £5,000||£250.00|
If you would like the costs of taking out a policy or the excess charges explained in more detail, please either call us on 01284 788122 or come and talk to us in person at:
- TBS Hire
Bury St Edmunds
How do I get covered?
Information we require
If you have decided that our Hireguard Insurance Policy is suited to your needs and would like to take out cover, you will need to provide us with the following:
- Your full name
- Contact details (telephone, address, email ect)
- Site address
- 1 x Photo Identification (e.g. Driving Licence, Passport, Travelcard)
- 2 x Proof of Address (e.g. Bank Statements, Utility Bills)
A photocard Driving Licence or Passport can be used as one of the two proofs of address aswell as the photo identification.
What we do with this information